Only 3 in stock
Ingredients: each capsules contains in total 1 billion viable cells of Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Bifidobacterum Bifidum and Bifidobacterium Longum in a lyophilized form.
Dosage and directions:
Treatment dose – 3 capsules 3 times per day.
Maintenance dose: 1 capsule 3 times a day.
1-6 years: 1 capsule per day.
7-14 year: 2 capsules per day.
More about Probiotics:
Before birth, babies ‘intestines are sterile. Babies (infants) acquire intestinal microflora from their mothers during natural labour. By the time the infant becomes a toddler, there are more than 400 species of bacteria inhabiting his/her digestive tract. Some of them can be harmful, but a few species have a mutually beneficial relationship with humans.
Two main groups of beneficial probiotic bacteria are:
Lactobacillus – living in the small intestine and
Bifidobacterium – residing in the large intestine (colon).
These bacteria have number of unique, health-promoting properties. When their number in the correct balance in relation to other bacteria, they control the intestinal flora and contribute not only to a healthy digestion but also to overall well-being.
Why do we lose beneficial bacteria?
The extensive use of antibiotics, stress, incorrect diet, incorrect life style and environmental pollution lead to the loss of beneficial bacteria normally present in the intestines and upset the delicate balance between various groups of microbial flora within the human body. This in turn may result in various diturbances of the digestive system such as diarrhoea, constipation, flatulence, dyspepsia, abdominal distention, spastic colon and/or the overgrowth of some, potentially harmful organisms, such as Candida albicans.
The benefits of intestinal bacterial flora controlled by Lactobacillus & Bifidobacterium:
- By producing organic acids such as Lactic, Acetic or Formic Acid as well as Hydrogen Peroxide, probiotic bacteria prevent and/or inhibit infection with a variety of pathogenic bacteria, yeasts and viruses. If an infection already exists, probiotic preparations (biotherapeutics) will inhibit the growth of various pathogens.
- By producing an enzyme that splits Lactose (Milk sugar) which is present in milk, probiotics help with the digestion of this sugar, reducing the possibility of lactose intolerance.
- By stimulating the function of the immune system, probiotics help to fight numerous pathogenic micro-organisms with which they come into contact and diminish the probability of developing a disease.
- This is particularly evident in the decrease of the number of colds and influenza among children regularly taking this supplement.
- By enhancing the absorption of nutrients, particularly of minerals such as Calcium, Maganese and Iron, probiotics stimulate the growth and development of children and prevent osteoporosis in grown-ups.
- By suppressing some of the undesirable immune reactions, probiotics can help control some of the food allergies. They have also been reported to alleviate problems associated with asthma.
In addition, probiotics play an important role in:
- Normalising bowel functions by correcting constipation and diarrhoea
- Controlling the overgrowth of Candida albicans
- Decreasing flatulence and abdominal bloating
- Detoxifying carcinogens and/or preventing their formation
- Preventing formation of acne among teenagers
- Normalising various inflammatory reactions of the intestinal epithelium and repairing the epithelium. By maintaining healthy intestines, probiotics play a part in decreasing the chances of development of serious disorders such as Crohn’s disease or even colon cancer.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.